We have shot so much great footage in the past two and a half years. Please visit our Indiegogo page and help us complete the film. Thank you!
The footage is so many things: entertaining, insightful, absurd, hysterical, surreal, intelligent and enlightening.
• Two shows at Club Seata in Tokyo
• Backstage at the shows
• Interviews with Japanese bands influenced by the Groovies
• Interviews with fans
• Interviews with the Groovies
• Groovies in their hotel rooms
• Groovies on the streets of Tokyo
• Interview with Cyril Jordan at home and at the Filmore West
• Additional shooting of new studio recordings
• Cyril at the magic shop
• Cyril at home performing magic and showing his vintage toys
• Interview with Barry Simons, the band's manager
• Seymour Stein/Sire Records (Ramones,Madonna,Talking Heads)
• Greil Marcus, Rolling Stone Magazine journalist and author of The History of Rock 'n' Roll in Ten Songs (The Groovie's song, Shake Some Action, is the first chapter of the book)
• Ivan Julian, guitarist, Richard Hell and The Voidoids
• Chris Such, guitarist, The Headless Horsemen
• Additional interviews with various musicians and fans
We exceed our goal through the generous contributions of our supporters. Much happiness and gratitude abounds.
Coverage of the movie from Screen Daily/Screen International, IMDB News, USA Today,Chicago Tribune, The Daily, BLURT Magazine, RiffRaf, and several other publications.
We captured some great shows and some great moments with the band and their fans as well as fantastic footage of the cities.
Interviews with the band and footage of the band recording their new music tracks at Studio D.
We spent two weeks shooting with the Groovies on tour in Hoboken, Cleveland, Washington D.C., Oakland, Boston, and Brooklyn. We captured life on the road and behind the scenes, some revealing and emotional interviews, compelling stories, die-hard fans and of course the Flamin' Groovies madness.
A decision is made to move forward with a documentary film. The next day we shoot our first interviews with the band as well as their show at the now-defunct Maxwell's in Hoboken,N.J.